Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

When I was a little girl I loved to play house and my babies were my very favorite toys.  For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a mom - and then I grew up and got older, and my life didn't work out the way I planned, and I wondered if being a mom was something I would ever get to experience.  Along the way I was blessed to be able to love and mother so many kids and and I absolutely love my titles of "favorite aunt", "stepmom", "teacher", etc.  These relationships filled my "mama cup" and helped me learn to love unconditionally.  When I finally got the chance to have my own kids- I think the wait made me more grateful and certainly much more aware of what an amazing miracle it is to have these two little loves.  I love that there is a day to celebrate such a special relationship and really, Mother's Day with little kids is just pure joy!  Luke and Ruby were so excited for the chance to celebrate together and they made me feel so special and loved for days leading up to the holiday.  This has by far been my favorite Mother's Day with these two.

On the Friday before Mother's Day, Luke's Kindergarten Class hosted "Mom and Muffins" and invited us in to celebrate.  When we arrived, we found some books and a place to get comfortable, then had a chance to read stories together while everyone snacked.  Luke was concerned about me because the muffins weren't gluten free - he even went to ask the teacher if they had anything different for me.  Once I assured him that I was fine and not really hungry, he settled down to eat and listen to me read.  Luke really is such a thoughtful boy and it was so fun to spend the time together.  After reading, the class sang "A You're Adorable" to us and the cuteness was too much.  Luke does everything with enthusiasm and having him sing to me with so much excitement nearly made my mama heart burst.  When they finished Luke had a flower and art project for me and even walked most of the way home with me before racing off with his friends.  It was all pretty fantastic. 


Mother's Day morning started with early church and the kids singing in sacrament meeting - is there anything better than watching your kids sing while they wave wildly to make sure you can see them!  When we came home, they told me to rest while they worked with Tim to make sure I had an amazing brunch of German pancakes, strawberries and cream, and bacon - delicious.  The kids and Tim had made me cards and picked out the sweetest gifts.  There were a few minor meltdowns, but mostly I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and just enjoying my family.  

It may have required about 100 shots to get one that I liked, but I really wanted a visual reminder of what a fantastic day we all had together.  Man these kids have my entire heart!





We spent the evening in Santaquin celebrating.  Somehow I failed to take any pictures with my mom that day, but I love this one from a few days later at Ruby's graduation.  My mom is the best example to me of unconditional love and support.  She always "showed up" for us kids, and she continues to do so for her grandkids.  We are so lucky to have her so close by to be a part of our lives.  

No comments: