Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 10, 2017

August 2017

The month of August was kind of a whirl wind.  We did our best to take advantage of every last day of summer, while at the same time getting ready for plenty of firsts and new beginnings.  When the cold weather comes I think I will really mourn this summer - it has been an especially great one.

We started off the month by going to the BYU Museum of Art for the kids' art class.  I was able to take the kids this time which made it especially fun.  I loved watching them observe and respond to the art, this time black and white photography.  The exhibit was fantastic and it was fun for me to spend a little time exploring as well.  When it came time to do their projects, they put so much thought and effort into making them just right.  It was a perfect way to spend the morning.







While I'm at work I get plenty of pictures of breakfasts and lunches.


Luke loves to be outside and is becoming a pro at the climbing dome
The climbing dome and riding his big kid bike.



August, 2001
One of my favorite vacation memories ever.

We were supposed to be shopping for school shoes...
These look totally appropriate.

One of our favorite summer activities is going to the Sundance Summer Theater.  Tim and I had big plans to go, but then both Luke and Ruby got super sick with the flu.  We weren't comfortable leaving them and and didn't want to risk anyone else getting sick, so Tim stayed home and I got to go with my mom and Aunt Marlene.  The play this year was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, one of my favorites.  They did a fun country twist which kept it fresh.  It was so fun to spend the evening with these two women, both the company and the play were fantastic.  




Luke and Ruby have been reliving my childhood thanks to a large bag of Barbies and other dolls that my mom discovered in her shed.  The Barbies are all pretty tattered, but the kids have had the best time dressing, posing and playing with the dolls.  I kind of love watching them enjoy these dolls that brought me so much joy and entertainment when I was a kid. 


Gracie, my dad's new puppy, had a sleepover and the kids were in heaven.  I took her for 8 miles of my run and it was so much fun that she almost convinced me that I was ready for a new dog.  Almost!

Having friends over to play is the best!


I think Luke and Ruby are destined to be farmers.  We have loved eating their zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, and even canteloupe this summer. We have several pumpkins that they are watching carefully.  I think Halloween will be especially fun with their own home grown jack o lanterns.   


Sunday shenanigans with cousins are the absolute best.  
We will definitely miss these summer nights.





These boys finally had a sleepover

We spent a perfect afternoon at the Springville Reservoir.  We met Kristina and her crew there so she and I had plenty of time to chat while the kids and babies played.  Old friends make the best friends.






I don't even know what to say about this one,
Other than that she is adorable.

New haircuts for school




Seeing Depeche Mode in concert was a chance for Tim and I to re-live our pasts and create our own new memories of seeing the band in concert.   They played a lot of new songs which wasn't our favorite, but there were plenty of old songs to enjoy.  It was amazing how good the band sounded - pretty much exactly the same as they did 25 years ago.  It's been awhile since we have had a date night and this was an especially good one.







Soccer is back and Luke is so excited about this season. 


Exploring Ogden with Brycen


Just your average Sunday morning.

Instead of our normal Sunday routine, we went to Sara Nye's farewell in Logan.  She is headed to the Phillipines to serve a mission and is just the most excited to get going and start serving.  I was so glad that we were able to support her and share such an exciting time with her and her family. 






Ruby and Kallee are pretty much BFFs

And so it begin.....I'm a little concerned about school projects - homework doesn't scare me - but anything that requires creativity can get a little overwhelming.  Luckily, Luke had very specific ideas about how he wanted his boy to look and worked really hard to make sure he was perfect.  Tim and I just provided a little assistance with the details.  The project, the boy, my Luke, all adorable.



No comments: