Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August First

August has started out great, we already packed a lot of fun into the first day of the month.  We were a little divided this weekend, Tim and Brycen went camping at The Great Salt Lake, and me and the babies were home looking for adventures.  On Saturday morning, because Tim was gone, I got up early and had to do my 14 miler on the treadmill - Thanks to a lot of Downtown Abbey, I survived being on the treadmill for that long. The kids woke up just in time to get dressed and head out to the parade for Cherry Days in Santaquin. They would really do so much better if parades were in the afternoon - they struggle in the mornings after just waking up.  Despite being a little shy and cranky, they loosened up when they saw all the candy being thrown and ended up loving the parade.  Luke's favorite was the dinosaur float with a volcano that spewed smoke.  He is still talking about it. t amazes me how much Santaquin has changed from when I was young, but I really just love being home, back in my town with my people.







After the parade we considered going to the park where they have games and other activities.  But it sounded hot and chaotic so instead me and the babies hung out for a few hours with my dad.  They had the best time with grandpa - fourwheeler rides, baths for the dogs, and plenty of running around. 



Saturday night Tim and I got to have a worry free date night, thanks to his parents.  They came and stayed/played with the kids so we could go to Sundance with my work.  We had dinner then went to the outdoor theater to see The Wizard of Oz.  I loved being outside in the mountains and it was a full moon which made it all even better.  The play was really great.  I was actually surprised how similar it was to the movie - I had expected more musical numbers.  Sundance summer theater has grown into one of my favorite traditions.  




No comments: