Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

We had a fun few days celebrating Mother's Day this year.  Saturday night we met the big kids at Siegfried's Deli in Salt Lake for a German meal.  It has been a long time since we have taken the time to make the meal ourselves.  Siegfried's was good, but we all agreed that our homemade is actually better.  Over the years we have each figured out a part of it that we do best.  The babies were kind of wild, but it was fun to be together.  Erika (and the boys)  brought some really sweet gifts for me - I left feeling really great.





Selife with the scarf they gave me.
 Sunday morning we slept in, then Tim got up and made us all breakfast.  He and the babies had bought me some great gifts, including chocolate covered strawberries.  Since they are fruit, we decided they went great with our omelettes.  Luke definitely liked a little strawberry with his chocolate.


Another selfie, this one to show the great necklace and earrings I got,
They are blown glass, one of my favorites.

Sunday afternoon we went to my parent's house to celebrate.  I definitely feel so blessed to have such a great mother who continues to love and support me and now my growing family.
 

My mom has really wanted a family picture, but can't seem to get everyone here at the same time.  Craig was here last Sunday so my mom had us all pose, with room on the porch for Sean.  Her plan is to take a pic of Sean and then have Jami photoshop the two together.  I know that Jami has amazing skills but I'm not sure how that is going to turn out - stay tuned.


Tim's parents had been out of town but stopped by so we could celebrate together.  I felt very blessed to have a day to remind me how lucky I am to be a mother, as well as to celebrate the women who have and continue to mean so much in our lives.


No comments: