Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pioneer Day

For as long as I can remember, we have celebrated Pioneer Day in Spanish Fork.  We start by running the 10k and then stay to watch the parade.  Depending on the year, there have been different combinations of who has actually run but my mom has always been the head cheerleader - she saves us a spot for the parade while cheering and taking pictures.  This year was strange because nobody ran - well, I'm pretty sure they had the race with plenty of runners, but none of my family ran.  My dad has been hurt and barely running and Tim rarely wants to run unless it is to chase me.  I couldn't see any reason to pay money to have a clock tell me how slow I am -especially since I'm not supposed to push my heart rate.  So, we decided to settle for the parade.  Jarin and Jami dropped off a blanket last night then I went by early this morning and left another blanket and some chairs.  I went to the gym and worked out and then headed back to meet up with everyone.

For awhile, I was a little lonely...

Then the party arrived.


Jami brought donuts and
Luke was a definite fan.
Ok, we all were, but it's much cuter to watch Luke eat.

Luke eventually got bored of the parade,
Not surprisingly, my child would choose to read.



After the parade we headed up the canyon for a BBQ
The kids had a fabulous time playing in the stream,
Throwing rocks, getting dirty, 
While the adults sat around and chatted.
What better way to spend a day



No comments: