Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stinky Socks

I have been sick for whatever feels like forever. No worries, it isn't anything serious, just a lot of congestion in my head and chest and a never ending cough. The cough keeps both me and Tim up half the night - not fun. I don't normally get sick for more than a day or two so I have turned into a pretty big whiner. In Tim's family, they all swear by his mother's alcohol wrap as the ultimate cure. It consists of soaking some material in rubbing alcohol (in our case a sock), then wrapping it around your neck and going to bed. Tim isn't sure if it is the alcohol fumes that are supposed to do the trick, or something through osmosis, either way, his entire family are believers. When the kids were here this weekend they even asked if I had tried the alcohol wrap. I finally got desperate and let him make me a wrap. And the results? I did sleep longer than I have for several days. I'm not sure that I'm willing to give all the credit to the sock yet, maybe I'm just wearing out the sickness. But tonight, I'll be the one with the sock wrapped around her neck.
What home remedies do you swear by when you are sick? Secret family recipes? Ancient Chinese secrets?

No comments: