Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bad Beginning Good Ending

My morning started a little rough. I didn't sleep well and got up a little later than planned. To console myself over the pouring rain, I decided that I would go tanning after I worked out. So, I got to the gym, ran, lifted, and then got ready to gather my stuff and tan. Major problem, my bag was missing. At first I was confused, then I got ticked. There was nothing of value in the bag - unless you count my dragonfly tanning stickers (thank you Julie). The big issue was that my keys were in the bag and they were now missing. I wandered around looking under people's stuff and checking the garbages. Nothing. I finally had to call Tim to bring my spare key so I could go home. I didn't get to tan, and spent the day stewing about my missing bag. I was so frustrated to think that someone would take my stuff, and probably throw it out when they figured out there was nothing of value. I was even madder to realize that I would have to somehow get a new key and spend the money to replace the key fob for my car. I had been sending all of my bad thoughts toward the person who took my bag. I had just sat down, ready to blog about the thief when I got a phone call form the gym. They said that an 80 year old lady had taken it by mistake and had just returned it. I have no idea how she could have been so confused, but I'm just glad to have it back. The moral of the story, watch out for old ladies. They will take your stuff if given half a chance.

4 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

She wanted the dragonfly tanning stickers! She's no dummy. ;)

eran said...

"All old people steal..." Jerry Seinfeld

MDJ said...

Ya forgot to mention your bag had protien bars and gu and that the old lady left you the protien cbar wrapper in your bag after she ate it.....lol.....perhaps the protien did her well!

Hailey Yep said...

Old people are the worst. Lets be really racist against them.