Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bedside Manner

Last week I had a horrific headache. It was somewhat concerning because it came on suddenly and then wouldn't go away, no matter what I tried. I finally decided that I better go to the doctor and make sure my head wasn't going to explode. The doctor listened, questioned, poked and prodded, and reached the opinion that it probably wasn't too serious. However, he gave me several shots, ordered me to have a massage (nice), gave me some instructions on medications and told me to call him the next day and let him know how I was doing. The headache still hasn't gone away completely, but it didn't seem necessary to call the doctor. So imagine my surprise Saturday afternoon when I answered my ringing phone to hear my doctor on the line, asking how I was. He gave me some further suggestions and told me to check back in with him. Seriously, I didn't know doctors did things like that anymore. No wonder I think my doctor is the greatest. Now if I could just find a doctor who would make house calls.

No comments: