Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 7, 2010

St. George Half Marathon

When it's 37 degrees outside, this is how you warm up.
Seriously, do we need another photo like this?
Can you see the speed?
Ais was so close on my heels.
I better watch my back at Moab.

Susan was amazing but she made me cold just watching.

We made it!
Sorry Kristina, as long as you are the fastest,
you will be stuck being the photographer.

It took another trip to St. George, but I think I found my MOJO. The girls and I packed up for a weekend in St. George. Once in awhile I remembered that the point of the trip was to run a half marathon. I was much more focused on the girl time, the shopping, etc. Despite weather worries, we had a smooth trip down and a non traditional dinner of calzones instead of pasta. Maybe that was the magic. The great thing about winter races is that they don't start so stinkin early in the morning. We got to sleep in (7:00 a.m. may sound early but it is later then we get up most days) and made it to the starting point with plenty of time to make a couple of porta potty runs. The race started and from the very beginning the running felt good. I made a new mix for my ipod, it was great, each song just got me more and more motivated. As I ran I realized how much I love racing, the people, the sounds, the adrenaline, etc. My mantra for the race was "if you wanted to run an easy 13 miles, you should have just stayed home and run there". It hurt, and there were several times that I thought I might puke, proof that I left it all out on the course. My finish time was nowhere close to a PR, but compared to my last several racing experiences, it felt like it.

2 comments:

Hailey Yep said...

Are you doing the farmers blow in that picture? I just threw up a little.

Melissa said...

That picture....again? Makes me laugh. I'm glad you are finding your mojo again. And how lucky you are to have close girlfriends to run with. Girls weekends are the best in so many ways.