Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Wonderland

This post is for those of your who live in locations where they don't have real winter. I wanted to make sure you remembered the joys of winter such as:
This morning when I came home from the gym to find that I had a frozen pipe and NO HOT WATER. Apparently my pipes didn't appreciate the overnight low going below zero. I shouldn't whine because I did get a hot shower at the gym. But I was in sweaty gym shorts and a tank top and freezing my tail off. I am finally warm but remembering that I don't think the temperature should be allowed to go below double digits.
or
Monday I got to play stay at home mom with three of my favorites, Ada, Miles and Baby Gavin. I had big plans to meet up with my favorite stay at home mom and let the kids run wild while we chatted. When I woke up Monday morning and saw that it had snowed about a foot I was concerned, but figured the snow would stop, the plows would come out and all would be well. Every time Miles and I checked the windows, it was still snowing. At some point I gave up the dream and resigned myself to staying inside where it was warm and safe. The kids and I had a fun day but it would have been even more fun with friends.
or
For various reasons I have not been running outside this winter. I decided it was time to stop being a sissy and get back to the great outdoors. My plan was for Thursday to be the big day. Once again, the weather gods have interfered. The prediction is for an overnight low of zero. I realize that the predictions are not always exact, but even if it is a few degrees warmer than anticipated, I am pulling out the sissy card again.
Have I made anyone miss Utah winters yet?

2 comments:

Monica said...

Maybe that was the wrong move in our quest to get everyone to move back to Utah.

Hailey Yep said...

Wow. Count me out. I think 60 is cold...