Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BOO Shopko!

So Friday night I went to Shopko. My plan was to pick up some prescriptions and spend $10. However, I was lured into the rest of the store where I ended up spending over $150. Most of what I purchased were clothes -yes clothes at Shopko, they have great deals on gloves and Nike workout wear. Anyway, I also bought a can of mousse and two sets of hair bands. I didn't unload my bag until Saturday night at which point I discovered that they didn't put the mousse and hairbands in my bag. I debated whether or not to even back to the store - not worth the time and the hassle. But today I needed to buy several other items so I took a major detour to go back to Shopko. I had my receipt figured it would be no biggie. Man was I wrong. It seems that Shopko hasn't ever heard of a little thing called customer service. Amy Jo, who appeared to be some type of manager, told me that there was really nothing she could do because I couldn't prove that I hadn't left the missing items in my cart, my car or elsewhere. Does she seriously think that I am going to take the time to try to scam the store out of $15 worth of merchandise. Amy Jo went on to tell me that without any products in hand, she couldn't issue a refund. I'm not sure if she realized how ridiculous she sounded, if so, she didn't care. She finally told me that if I wanted some type of credit for the missing items, I could return tomorrow to speak to another manager and request that they go back and review all of the surveillance tapes from that night to see if they could determine what happened to the missing items. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I finally just left, at some point the whole thing became a total waste of my time. I am still appalled and the complete lack of customer service. I am impressed though with my ability to keep all of my nasty comments to myself.
It seems like with all of the talk about the "economy" and low consumer spending, wouldn't customer service and loyalty be especially important. Maybe Shopko missed that newsflash.
I would like to say that I will be permanently boycotting Shopko, however, the pharmacist there is my favorite and once I'm there, it's just convenient to do other shopping. So the truth is, I will probably keep going back. Maybe you all could do me a little favor and boycott your local Shopko on my behalf. Please.

4 comments:

Hailey Yep said...

Consider them boycotted. Actually, I don't know if they even exist in Arizona, but if I ever see one I'm for sure not going in.

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

Like Hailey said. Boycott is on.

Suckers. Those type of stories get me so fired up. The suveillance tape review is one of the best things I've ever heard.

Anonymous said...

We are very sorry for the poor customer service you experienced. These are not our customer service standards and hope we have the opportunity to make this right. Please contact us at 1-800-791-7333 (or) onlineCustomerService@shopko.com
We look forward to talking with you further.

Anonymous said...

I think Anonymous should cram it in their cramhole. Classic example of too little too late....cramhole.

Anonymous (aka Cory)