Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference

Tim was given tickets to the Saturday morning session of General Conference. He has never been to conference and I have only been once so we were excited to go. It meant getting up really early (too bad it wasn't a Sunday, then I could have bypassed the gym), and walking through some slushy weather, but it was well worth it. You would never know by the coats and boots, and the snow that it was April, I just have to keep reminding myself that this is life in Utah.

We got in and got seated and had about 30 minutes before conference was to start. Don't worry though, we didn't have the opportunity to get bored. The kid next to us had the music playing on his phone - no headphones, and it was definitely not the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Somehow he must have thought it was a nice addition to the prelude music. I decided later that I really must be getting old because not only did I not say anything to him about it, I didn't even give him the evil eye.
The talks and music were really nice, I even stayed awake for all of it. Tim and I were both glad that we had made the effort to go, and agreed that we will do it again.
As an added bonus, we stopped for Chipolte and shopping at the new Nordstrom Rack on the way home. It was a great Saturday.

2 comments:

Hailey Yep said...

When I was watching, they kept showing exterior shots, and I was wondering why all the trees were dead. But then I remembered that is what happens in winter.

Jami Broadbent said...

you guys are oh so cute