Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2022

Fifty!

 


Once upon a time I thought fifty was old - I had a vision of what my life would be like when I made it to a half a century - and it wasn't necessarily awesome.  And then in what felt like a quick blink, I went from 30 to 40 to 50, and at each milestone, I have been amazed at how great it feels and how lucky I am to be alive.  Don't get me wrong, some days I feel every year of my age, and not every day is perfect, but most of the time I just feel so lucky to have the life that I do.  



Tim threw the best birthday party for me and all of my family was here to celebrate.  I told him I didn't want anything fancy, and definitely no surprises - just good food and time with my people  And that is exactly what it was.  My mom and Ada made a video with all of my pictures since I was little and we had a great time reminiscing and laughing at several of my unfortunate haircuts.  It was the perfect party and I felt so loved by so many.  
















The party was pretty, but this feels like the most accurate picture of me at 50.  From the night of my actual birthday after a very long day - pajamas on, in a pile of my people (and puppy).  Tired and happy.

No comments: