Total Pageviews

Friday, August 16, 2019

Cousin-Palooza

It's been a pretty great summer for cousin bonding.  Roman and Sadie have been her a few times from Arizona and each time they come, it is a perfect excuse to get the kids together as often as possible. The kids have had the best time together and I love watching them together.  There is always plenty of laughter, and it is great to see them building such great friendships.

The Red Barn with cousins...that's the stuff of summer dreams




Tim took the kids to one of the Scera Summer Movies.  After they finished they decided to explore the museum and some of the larger outdoor items on display.

When Craig told me the dates they would be here, my first thought was that they would be able to go to the Ute Stampede with us.  Going to the rodeo, with family, is one of our very favorite traditions. This year we had cousins, grandparents, and aunts which was almost as good as the entertainment.






The bulls are always thrilling...

But the daredevils on motorcycles completely stole the show


Luke and Ruby were star struck at a chance to meet the cool kids.


A Friday afternoon at the reservoir was the perfect place for these kids to create a little more freetime. We had paddle boards and floats, and spent most of our time out on the water.






When the boys weren't boating, they were building.

It was so great to just sit and chat and relax for the afternoon




Roman and Sadie had to go back to Arizona way sooner than any of us wanted, but they left with plenty of hugs, and plenty of plans for the next time they are all together. 


When I was younger, my very favorite thing to do in the summer was to go stay at my Aunt Marlene's and hang out with my cousins there.  They were older, and so much cooler than me, and I completely looked up to them.  They were always sweet and let me tag along and be a part of their activities whenever I was at Aunt Marlene's.  This summer, my mom and Aunt Marlene decided to have a pool party/sleepover with the kids and of course it was a complete success and I think they had just as much fun as I ever did when I stayed in Bountiful. 



The best sports and party planners

No comments: