Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Valentines 2019

It's the end of February already so I finally decided that I should take down my Valentines Day decorations, and work on a recap of our holiday.  We have had a great month, full of plenty of love. On Monday we started getting ready for the parties by putting together the Valentines for Luke and Ruby to take to class.  They each signed their name on the cards and then got to staple the prize and the treat together.  Their faces may not show it, but they were pretty excited about how they looked.

We found out the week before Valentines that Luke's class would be making bags in class, so he didn't need to make a Valentines box.  Initially I was relieved because I am not great at helping with these kinds of projects.  But then I realized that if Ruby was making a box, Luke would for sure want to do one as well.  I bought the boxes pre-made and then the kids had the best time decorating. 





I really don't consider myself creative or crafty, but somehow I have turned into the mom that makes a big deal over every holiday and the smallest occasions.  I had bought a few little surprises over the past few months and was really excited to put everything together.  Luke and Ruby get so happy over the smallest things, and they were just as excited over their Valentines Day treats as I expected.

Grandpa and Grandma Whitesides had sent stuffed animals for the occasion, so the morning was pretty much perfect with plenty of laughs and loves. 


Luke and Ruby are just so easy to love so a day dedicated to reminding them how we feel was fantastic.  In between candies and parties, Ruby kept telling me how much she loves Jesus and that Valentines is a very special day because it reminds all of us that we should love him too.  Amazing!








Unfortunately, this is the only picture I got of the kids' class parties but they both had a great time at school and came home overly sugared and super excited about the day.  Within a very short time they had all of their valentines sorted and had even done a little trading to get the best candy.  Ruby actually got to go to both Baby Bulldogs and Mrs. Stephanie's so she had a full day of parties. 

This popped up on my Facebook feed and it hurt my heart just a little.  I absolutely love Luke's age and stage right now, but sometimes I just really miss that cute little baby boy.

About 20 years ago, while living together in Tonga, Kimi became one of my very closest friends.  She is still one of my very favorite people even though we rarely get to see each other.  Her son is here in Provo going to BYU and when she texted me Valentines morning to ask if I could help get him a Valentine's Day treat, I was more than happy to help.  Tim and the kids wanted a little field trip so we all headed out later that afternoon to pick up some snicker-doodles and a pizza.  He is such a cute kid and I loved being able to see him, and spread a little love for my Kimi. 

No comments: