Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Mexico January 2018 - The Details

Clearly we love Mexico, we love, the views, and we love the beach.  Depending on where we stay there are so may extra details that make the trip even better.  The Iberostar where we stayed is an all inclusive with various buffets and restaurants.  Both Tim and I were a little nervous about the food and whether we would be able to find food to fit all of our restrictions.  I had just officially switched to gluten free at the beginning of January and Tim had started eating Keto - so we both had a lot of restrictions, but completely different nutritional needs.  Fortunately for Tim, there was plenty of meat, eggs and guacamole and I think he was able to eat well the entire time.  The first night at the buffet I asked one of the chefs if there was a list of foods or way to know what was gluten free because it all felt so overwhelming.  I was quite surprised when they sent over a chef who is assigned to help people with food allergies.  He was incredible and offered me all sorts of options, including him making me my own meal of rice, fish and vegetables.  For the rest of the week they completely took care of me, catering to the gluten free requirements, and individualizing nearly everything I ate - he even made sure I had dessert.  It was such a relief and I ate incredible food all week.

Thank goodness flan is gluten free

Sushi Star

Tim was in heaven

Of course I had to have a margarita at the pool bar for my mom.


Working out while on vacation is something we have always done, so a good gym is high on my list of priorities.  We have stayed at the Iberostar before and their gym has always been perfectly acceptable.  One the first morning I headed out to the gym  and was confused when the doors were locked and they had a sign directing people to a new gym. I walked around the corner to find a brand new, beautiful gym that was nicer than anything I have ever seen in Mexico.  The best part was that it had only been open for about a half hour. Just my luck to arrive on the day of their grand opening.  We had a great time using the facilities and love getting in some good activity to counteract all of the food and the time lying on the beach.


Nothing better than running in the sunshine

Tim had a great time playing volleyball

Each day the maid created something new with our towels

We have very few activities or adventures to show, but 
Six days of interrupted reading is my idea of a perfect vacation
Made it through three books, all perfect for the beach


Image result for book right behind you


No comments: