Total Pageviews

Monday, November 5, 2018

Ruby Girl is Five!



Five years ago I received one of the best blessings of my entire life when Miss Ruby McKena made her grand entrance into our world and family.  For so many of my adult years I wasn't sure that I would ever have kids of my own so having my own little mini me (ok a very blond version) has just been amazing.  The kids know that I get really emotional at each of their birthdays and Ruby's 5th birthday was no different.  There is a part of me that just wants to freeze time and never let my babies grow up, but I realize how much I would miss without these yearly milestones.  Each year with Ruby has been magical and I am constantly amazed at how much she learns and changes.  She is completely entertaining and I spend so much of my time laughing at her antics.  We definitely have moments of conflict because she is strong willed like her mama, but even when she gets in trouble, she is quick to apologize and gives the very best hugs and kisses.  This little girl is our entire world. 

My how quickly the time has passed.

Friday morning, October 5th, Tim and I paced around waiting for Ruby to wake up so that we could wish her happy birthday and surprise her with all of presents.  She was so excited and we had the best time watching her tear through the bags and tissue paper.  We gave her a Fingerling unicorn as well as a dinosaur that she could keep or share with Luke.  I was happy to see that she was so willing to share her birthday with her brother.  Five years old is a big deal and we spent the entire day (and next week or two) celebrating this little love and making sure that she felt like a birthday princess.




Because we were out of town the weekend of her birthday, Ruby had to wait until the next weekend to have a party with her friends.  She wanted to go to Coconut Grove, and indoor play place and invited Brexley, Rebecca and Juniper.  Somehow Luke convinced her that she really wanted to invite Drake and Ethan so it turned into a complete party.  The kids came to our house first for presents and cupcakes, then we headed out to play.  They all had so much fun together and ran around like crazy, playing make believe and inventing new games.  By the time we got home everyone was tired but oh so happy.  Ruby is still talking about the party so it must have been a great one.  






On Sunday we had all of the family over for the last of the celebrations for our sweet Ruby girl.  She said she wanted to have a piggy party and I couldn't help but indulge her.  I had the idea of having a cake made that looked like Piggy Pig.  I sent my cake lady a few ideas and some pictures of Piggy in her current state so she could see the colors.  I expected she would make something cute, but I was completely blown away when we picked up the cake.  It was absolutely perfect and Ruby was immediately in love, but immediately worried about having to eat her beloved friend.  We had a great time with all of our family and as always, Ruby loved being the center of attention. 








I told Ruby not to expect any presents at our family party because she had already received so many.  But this lucky little girl still ended up with several more presents to open and was completely thrilled with all of her new treasures. 



Ruby and Miles are almost birthday twins and we love celebrating with him each year.  I usually order a themed cake for him but this year he was more interested in choosing the recipe for the cake than having one that looked cute.  A sure sign that he's just one step away from being a teenager.


And then the Sunday Shenanigans began...

Grandma was in Canada, but the kids were so happy Grandpa could come.


Just relaxing with new toys.

No comments: